12 Cumberland Avenue, Plattsburgh, 12901
The Kent Delord House was built in 1797 and was home to the Delord family between 1810 and 1913. Henry Delord was a merchant, a judge and a well-respected member of the early 19th century Plattsburgh community. Before the Battle of Plattsburgh, Henry and his family fled the house, which was then occupied by British officers from an artillery corps. Inside see a mess chest left behind by the British officers, portaits of Henry and Betsey Delord, a case clock and other furniture belonging to Henry, a silver tea service which the family claimed Betsey buried in the garden before the British arrived, and other furnishings from throughout the 19th century. The Kent-Delord House Museum gardens are also a stop on the International Peace Garden Trail.
1812 Interpretive Trail
Seminars & Lectures
Forts & Museums
Historic Sites & Attractions